- GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA MAKER PROGRAM
- Transfer of Business Assets & Private Company Shares
- How New Laws May Impact Your Use of an Earnout Right when Buying or Selling a Business.
- FBT 2016 - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- Budget Alert – Should you put in place a Transition to Retirement strategy?
- HIFX - INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT EXPERTLY DONE
- Big data for small business
- Buying property through SMSF – what are the rules?
- Buying Property? Why You Should Care About Interest Rates
- How The Cloud and Automation Make Business Management Easier
- ATO ANNUAL REPORT
- Stamp Duty
- Annual Wage Review
- Interest Only Loans
- Right Corporate Structuring
- Exciting new service offering at YML!
- Changes to overseas working holiday tax
- Buy/sell agreements - do you need one?
- Saving Tax Through Successful Loan Structuring
- Insourcing vs outsourcing vs co-sourcing
- Should You Take Your Small Business National?
- Buying A Business? 5 Red Flags to Watch Out For
- Upfront costs when buying a home and how you could save
- 5 Reasons for Cash Flow Problems in Small Businesses
- Key man insurance, who do you need to insure?
- Can better inventory management improve business performance for Manufacturers?
- 7 Useful Web-Based Software Programs for SMEs
- Finance options for buying a car
- Should you register for GST?
- Matters to Consider Before Setting Up an SMSF
- Does your super fund provide enough life insurance cover?
- 4 reasons to consider refinancing your home loan
- Succession plan basics for small business
- Why Business Owners Should Think Like Futurists
- Avoiding the Wealth Creation Con Artists
- Six Things that Can Keep a Business from Growing
- 6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud
- Financial Future Checklist
- NEW Superannuation Contribution Caps from 1 July 2021
- CBA has increased its 4-year Fixed Rate – Is now the time to fix your loan
- Land Tax NSW – Have you registered? Will you pay a surcharge?
- Refinance and get up to $4k bonus OR renegotiate with your current lender?
- Australian Director Identification Number (DIN) – Introduction
- HR in the Australian Hospitality Sector – Specialist Service Available
- JobMaker Hiring Credits – Explained
- ATO Increased Audit Activity – Including JobKeeper
- Divorce Order – Self-Managed Superannuation Funds (SMSF
- Would your business withstand one of its key people falling ill or dying?
- NSW State Budget 2020-21 – Economic Stimulus Packages
- JobKeeper 2.0 – Extension 2 Commencing Soon
- Did you know YML Group offers CFO Services?
- Deed of Variation – NSW Surcharge Land Tax
- Bookkeeper Service – Why does your business need it?
- Using your Equity to Lower your Rate AND to Invest
- 2020-21 Federal Budget – Update
- JobKeeper 2.0 – Extension 1 and Extension 2
- COVID-19 and Estate Planning – Your Will
- How RPA and Bots are making Employees happier
- How to get on top of your finances post COVID-19
- General Outsourcing Services provided by YML
- Economic Stimulus Package Updates – JobKeeper 2.1
- Should I leave my savings in the offset or in the redraw?
- Economic Stimulus Package Updates
- Buying Property through your SMSF
- Digital Automation supporting Remote Work
- Funding to help small businesses re-open after COVID-19
- COVID-19 – Workers Compensation and JobKeeper
- COVID-19 – Travel Bans and Exemptions
- Economic Stimulus Package – Small Business Grants
- SMSF – Would it suit you?
- MyGov – What is it and how do you apply?
- COVID-19 – Rent Moratorium + Financial Support
- Economic Stimulus Package Updates
- EOFY Removal of Main Residence CGT Exemption for Non-residents
- Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty 2020
- GOVERNMENT INCENTIVES UPDATE
- JOBKEEPER INCENTIVE – ENROLMENT REQUIRED 30/04/20
- Economic Stimulus Package – Small Business Grants
- Superannuation and Pension Payment Changes
- Economic Stimulus Package – JobKeeper Payment
- Annualised Salaries – New Rules from 1 March 2020
- FBT 2020 – What do you need to consider?
- YML Insight – Special Edition COVID-19
- Managing your Money through this Crisis!
- Limitations to the Superannuation Death Benefit
- Should you pay principal + interest on your investment property?
- Business Intelligence (BI) in Small Business
- Is Your SMSF Investment Strategy Compliant?
- Deed of Variation – NSW Surcharge Land Tax
- 5 Everyday Examples of IPA in Practice
- How a Mortgage can improve your Financial Position / How a Mortgage can grow your Wealth
- ATO is Auditing Rental Property Expense Claims
- RBA Cash Rate Reductions - What it means for your Loan
- Gift or lend to your child?
- Proposed Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Have you correctly paid your staff super?
- Low and Middle Income Earners – Tax Offsets
- Small Business Cyber Security
- Skilled Nominated Migration (190 Visa) – Live & Work in NSW
- Carry forward your unused Concessional Contributions
- Intelligent Process Automation (IPA) is here to stay
- Australian Immigration Visa Changes from 1st July 2019
- New Tax Relief Introduction – Parliamentary Bill 2019
- New Work Tax Exemption (WTE) granted to SMSF Members
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) – Remote / Offshore
- Does your SMSF have an investment strategy?
- Happy NEW Financial Year – ATO Changes Update
- Superannuation Year End Considerations Continue!
- AI and RPA changing the Future of Work
- STP – COMPULSORY Cloud-based Payroll Reporting
- Federal Election 2019 Outcome – What it means for you
- NOW is the time to consider your Year-End Super Contributions
- Federal Budget 2019 – Immigration to Australia NEWS
- Tax Planning and Restructuring to suit your Business
- Single Touch Payroll – NOW Mandatory for ALL Businesses
- FBT 2019 – What’s new?
- Employees : Time and Attendance Platforms
- Small Business Instant Asset Write-Off : NOW up to $25,000
- Working from home: What deductions can you claim?
- BUY / SELL Insurance – What is it and how can it help your business?
- Applying For A Mortgage Is No ‘Walk in the Park’
- Taxable Payments – New Compliance for Couriers and Cleaners
- Government announces Changes to the Working Holiday Maker Programme
- NEWS! CGT Main Residence Exemption to End for Foreign Residents
- Should I ‘fix’ my home loan?
- Working with Remote Staff – Business Process Outsourcing
- ATO Payment Arrangements – Avoid Overseas Travel Ban
- Proposed Partner Visa Changes – NEW Two-Step Process
- Non-Residents and SMSFs – Tax Alert!
- Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Self-Correct your past Super Guarantee Liability
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- POWER BI - BUSINESS DATA TOOL
- NEW Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) Levy
- Over 65? Downsize your home to contribute to your super!
- CAR LOAN – HERE’S AN OFFER
- It’s started – Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- GLOBAL TALENT SCHEME – Get the expertise your company needs…
- GST on Property Transactions has changed from 1 July
- INVESTMENT LOANS – IS IT WORTH TAKING OUT PRINCIPAL + INTEREST at 3.89% RATE*?
- AUDIT INSURANCE – ATO Increasing Audit Activity in the Areas of Income Tax and Supe
- THE IMPORTANCE OF WITHDRAWING YOUR MINIMUM PENSION
- TRUST DISTRIBUTION IN 2018
- TAX PLANNING
- RPA for VEHICLE FLEET MANAGEMENT
- SMSF - $1.6 MILLION TRANSFER BALANCE CAP
- CONTRACTOR vs. EMPLOYEE – EMPLOYER OBLIGATIONS
- REMINDERS! LAND TAX REGISTRATION and DEED OF VARIATION
- UPDATING SMSF TRUST DEEDS
- SAFE HARBOUR FOR DIRECTORS OF STRUGGLING COMPANIES
- UPDATE YOUR WILL
- PRINCIPAL-AND-INTEREST VS INTEREST-ONLY
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- Business Process Outsourcing – Take the Technology View
- Super Guarantee – What Happens When You Get It Wrong
- Insurance in Super
- GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION (GSM)
- How Business Process Outsourcing can bring value to your customers through technology
- Mortgage Insurance
- Equity Crowd-Funding
- Financial Year End Planning
- Prepaying Interest
- Superannuation Contributions at EOFY
- Business Valuation
- Business Process Improvement
- Tax Liabilities to be reported to Credit Agencies
- Land Tax Surcharge and You
- SuperStream Deadline for Small Employers
- Tax Time Checklist for Individuals
- Federal Budget May 2016 - Superannuation and Social Security
- YML Insight August 2015
- YML Insight July 2015
- YML Insight June 2015
- 2015 Federal Budget Report
- YML Insight April 2015
- YML Insight March 2015
- YML Insight February 2015
- Federal Budget 2014-15 Update
- Other Topics
- Four Per Cent Stamp Duty Surcharge for Overseas Investors Buying Residential Real Estate in NSW
- New Withholding for Non Residents
- Getting Organized and Planning Effectively This EOFY
- Aiming to Make a Final Non Concessional Superannuation Contribution for 2016? Be Careful!
- Business Protection Insurance
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS?
- WORK RELATED CAR EXPENSES - WHAT'S LEGAL?
- ENCOURAGING NEWS FOR Permanent residency (pr) APPLICANTS
- FAMILY TRUST DEED VARIATION
- Shareholder's Agreements
- Co- Sourcing
- Is It Worth Fixing Your Loan?
- Why You Should Consider Co-Sourcing for your Business
- Changes to the Assets Test for Centrelink Aged Pensions from January 1st 2017
- FBT on Christmas Gifts and Tax Deductibility of Christmas Parties
- Obtaining a Business Skills Visa
- Quick Tips to Pay Off Your Mortgage Sooner
- YML Group App - Coming Soon
- New Superannuation Rules
- What Small Business Expenses Can You Claim?
- Israeli Tax of Trusts
- Co-Sourcing: An Alternative To Out-Sourcing
Did you know YML Group offers CFO Services?
YML Group is at the forefront of accounting, finance and business services and CFO services is one of our most valuable tools for Australian businesses. Our CFO services within our Business Advisory unit can lead your business towards a more robust and growth-focussed future. What can a CFO do for yourRead More
Deed of Variation – NSW Surcharge Land Tax
In June 2016 the NSW government introduced two surcharges payable by a ‘foreign person’ purchasing and/or owning residential property in NSW: Surcharge Purchaser Duty – currently 8% of the market value of the residential property – payable once upon acquisition; Surcharge Land Tax – currently 2% of the unimproved valueRead More
Bookkeeper Service – Why does your business need it?
Stay focused on your business by using a bookkeeping service to manage the day-to-day financial data. YML Group’s Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) service offers Bookkeeping to help you turn your attention towards the growth aspects – such as strategy and marketing – of your business. What does a bookkeeping service doRead More
Using your Equity to Lower your Rate AND to Invest
Your home’s equity could open investment opportunities to improve your future wealth. By using equity in your home as collateral to borrow money, you could qualify for a Home Equity Loan. How much equity? First, it is important to calculate how much you still owe on your home loan. You can doRead More
Changes to overseas working holiday tax
What is a working holiday maker? A working holiday maker is anyone visiting Australia who holds a visa with the subclass 417 or 462. Backpackers often visit Australia on these types of visa, and make great contributions to our hospitality, tourism, and other industries. What has changed? As of January 1st, 2017, all
Exciting new service offering at YML!
With ever-increasing levels of competition, economic uncertainty, online challenges and change, we know and completely understand the issues facing our business clients. This is why we have extended our services to include access to world-class business coaches and mentors who can support and guide our SME businesses owners through the common challenges and
Right Corporate Structuring
Are you in the process of setting up your first business venture? You may already have a website and a logo picked out, but there is one very important decision which must be covered. Which business structure is best for you? There are many issues to take into account when making
We all know that the housing market in NSW can be intimidating to get into, whether it’s your first home, your first investment – or even your fifth investment. There’s a lot to think about when purchasing a new property, and we’re pleased to share some changes to stamp duty
Annual Wage Review
If you’re a business owner, an employer, or an employee working on an hourly rate, there have been some interesting developments which may impact your bottom line, or take-home pay. Recently the Fair Work Commission (FWC) announced its Annual Wage Review decision, including the subsequent changes that will come into
Interest Only Loans
Whether you’re refinancing an existing home loan, or taking out a mortgage for the first time, the options available for home loans can be overwhelming. Do you need an offset account? Who has the best rates? Can you afford to fix a rate for a short term or long term
GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA MAKER PROGRAM
In an effort to provide more support for Australian farmers and regional economies, The Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs, The Hon David Coleman, MP together with Ministers Coleman and Littleproud announced, in a Media Release on 5th November 2018, changes to the Working Holiday Maker (WHM) visa
Six Things that Can Keep a Business from Growing
Small business owners might start out with a grand vision, but end up falling into day-to-day ruts, and losing their direction and view of the bigger picture. We highlight six things business owners sometimes do that can limit business growth if they are not remedied. Failure to adapt to changing technologies
ATO ANNUAL REPORT
The ATO released its Annual Report late last year. It reports on the Government’s administration and performance for the 2014-2015 Financial Year and provides information about the ATO’s compliance activities and dispute resolution strategies. The number of disputes recorded by the ATO more than doubled in the 2014-15 financial year.
How The Cloud and Automation Make Business Management Easier
All businesses, whether big and small, need to process data, keep records and perform routine tasks – it’s just a fact of life. Doing so manually can be incredibly time consuming and inefficient, so most business owners naturally turn to information technology to perform a lot of the menial and
Avoiding the Wealth Creation Con Artists
Many people in their 50s and older are recognising they are getting closer to retirement age, and may not have enough superannuation to get them through their later years. And it’s no surprise that wealth creation experts are popping up everywhere to help, offering books, seminars and investment options! Some
Why Business Owners Should Think Like Futurists
Innovation in technology is happening at a rapid rate, and there’s no doubt that it is leading to shifts in the way we live from day-to-day. These shifts are only going to happen more quickly in the coming years, bringing in changes in consumer behaviour, and changes to the products
Buying Property? Why You Should Care About Interest Rates
Interest rates are a key consideration for anyone buying a home, either as an owner-occupier or an investor. Why? The lower they are, the more attractive property may become, because your borrowing capacity increases. But if they creep up, so too do your mortgage repayments. The current interest rate environment Rates have fallen
Buying property through SMSF – what are the rules?
If you run a self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF), you can invest part of your super, and borrow money within your super, to purchase either residential or commercial property. Buying property through your super has many advantages and is a great way to build up your retirement savings, however there are
4 reasons to consider refinancing your home loan
If you’ve had your home loan for a number of years, it’s likely that your personal and financial situation has changed and now could be a good time to investigate the option of refinancing. Here are four reasons to consider refinancing your home loan: Reduce your monthly repayments: Refinancing to a new
Big data for small business
For many years businesses have been collecting and storing large of amounts of information for further analysis. In today’s business environment the collection of data has become ingrained in the way that we work. We collect business transaction, contact and social media information as part and parcel of our
Does your super fund provide enough life insurance cover?
According to research by Lifewise.org - 50% of Industry Super Fund members are under-insured by $100,000 for life insurance. While insurance through super can be cheaper and have certain tax advantages, many funds only provide the basic level of cover, which may not necessarily reflect your individual circumstances. Types of
HIFX - INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT EXPERTLY DONE
YML Group is proud to announce a new strategic partnership with HiFX, Australasia's leading risk management and foreign currency specialist. HiFX will provide YML Group referred clients with preferential rates of exchange in addition to waiving TT fees on their first transaction: Simply quote reference HAY355 when registering. HiFX are a
Succession plan basics for small business
Even if you’re not planning to retire for many years, it’s still important to have a strategy for exiting your business. According to a recent report undertaken across more than 1,200 Australian SME businesses, 35% of business owners have no ultimate exit plan. The importance of a succession plan Let’s face
Budget Alert – Should you put in place a Transition to Retirement strategy?
With Budget night fast approaching, there is much speculation over changes in tax reform, particularly regarding the Transition to Retirement policy (TTR). It is well worth using this time prior to the Budget weighing up the benefits of putting a TTR in place in order to gain any benefits you
FBT 2016 - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
The Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) is a tax paid by employers on certain benefits provided to their employees, which may be in addition to their salary or wages package. The FBT year runs from April 1 to March 31, with the 2016 FBT rate raised by 2% to 49%. Changes in
How New Laws May Impact Your Use of an Earnout Right when Buying or Selling a Business.
New legislation was introduced on the 25th February 2016, affecting look-through earnout rights from the 24th April 2015 onwards. It changes the capital gains tax (CGT) treatment on these earnout rights. If you have bought or sold a business after this date using an earnout right, it is valuable to
Transfer of Business Assets & Private Company Shares
As recently confirmed by the NSW Treasurer, the transfer duty of the transfer of business assets has been abolished as of July 1st.This also includes the transfer of private company shares and mortgage duty. What does this mean for you? It provides a great opportunity to take action and restructure business
Financial Future Checklist
Over-40 Financial Future Checklist Are you aged 40 or over? How hard have you thought about your financial future? This is an excellent time for consolidation of all your hard work and assets. Try our over-40 financial security checklist, and see how you measure up. Do you…. Have a savvy financial adviser? Your
Matters to Consider Before Setting Up an SMSF
A Self-Managed Superannuation Fund (SMSF) is essentially a do-it-yourself super plan that can have up to four members. One of the main motivations for setting up an SMSF is to be in control of your own fund and how investments are made. As well as the development of a sound
6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud
6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud Is all the fuss about cloud computing really an indication of its popularity or worth? A new study by Emergent Research has found that the percentage of small businesses in the US expected to use cloud-based systems will more than double in the
Can better inventory management improve business performance for Manufacturers?
Any manufacturing business has to grapple with two major variables, namely, the demand for its products and the supply of the raw materials required for the manufacturing activity. While on the demand front the quantity of the product demanded and the time of delivery can be uncertain, on the supply
Should you register for GST?
By law you are required to register for GST if: Your business or enterprise has a gross business income of $75 000 or more. Your non-profit organisation has a gross business income of $150 000 per year or more. You provide taxi or limousine services (both owner drivers or if you lease or
5 Reasons for Cash Flow Problems in Small Businesses
Many small businesses run into cash flow issues. Here are five common reasons for cash flow crises, and what can be done to avoid them in your small business. 1. Insufficient margins Insufficient margins can have a big impact on cash flow, and often a business owner will not even realise that
Key man insurance, who do you need to insure?
The most valuable asset for any business is the key people who run it. Loss of staff with essential skills or years of knowledge can impact revenue, profit, goodwill and ultimately the value of the business. Key man insurance compensates for financial losses should the unexpected arise and having adequate
Finance options for buying a car
If you’re looking to purchase a vehicle for your business, there are a number of different finance options available. Before you enter into a finance agreement it’s important to do some research to determine which finance is suitable for your business structure, as well as understanding the implications for cash
Buying A Business? 5 Red Flags to Watch Out For
Should You Take Your Small Business National?
A lot of successful small business owners dream of growing and expanding their enterprises. A logical step for some of them is to take on a national presence, offering services and products in each state. If you’re thinking about taking this step, here are a few things you'll need to consider. How will
Upfront costs when buying a home and how you could save
When buying a home many people focus solely on saving for the deposit. While your deposit is likely to be your biggest financial outlay, it’s only part of the cost of buying a home. We detail the other costs and fees you need to consider and how you could save. Stamp
Insourcing vs outsourcing vs co-sourcing
Insourcing. Outsourcing. Offshoring. Co-Sourcing. You’ve probably heard of these terms. You may even know of companies that are using one or more of them to grow their business. But what do these terms actually mean? And can you take advantage of them to grow your business? Insourcing means performing a business function internally. Many
7 Useful Web-Based Software Programs for SMEs
The use of web-based or ‘cloud’ software in SMEs is gradually becoming more the norm than otherwise. In fact, many of us have been using the cloud for years – such as through email and more recently through social media. While cloud-based applications for business are still relatively new, they
Saving Tax Through Successful Loan Structuring
One thing that is often over looked when attempting to improve general financial strength is the way that your loans have been structured. Effectively structuring your loans can mean gaining control over your mortgages and avoiding being overwhelmed by investment debt. Below are some quick tips that may be helpful
Buy/sell agreements - do you need one?
What is a Buy/Sell agreement? Generally speaking, a buy/sell agreement refers to a contract drawn up between business partners which will identify a set of ‘trigger events’ where all remaining business partners will buy out a partner’s interest and/or investment in the business. Key trigger events are the death or permanent
Subscribe to our newsletter