- Six Things that Can Keep a Business from Growing
- Avoiding the Wealth Creation Con Artists
- Why Business Owners Should Think Like Futurists
- 4 reasons to consider refinancing your home loan
- Does your super fund provide enough life insurance cover?
- Succession plan basics for small business
- Matters to Consider Before Setting Up an SMSF
- Should you register for GST?
- Finance options for buying a car
- 7 Useful Web-Based Software Programs for SMEs
- ATO ANNUAL REPORT
- How The Cloud and Automation Make Business Management Easier
- Buying Property? Why You Should Care About Interest Rates
- Buying property through SMSF – what are the rules?
- Big data for small business
- HIFX - INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT EXPERTLY DONE
- Budget Alert – Should you put in place a Transition to Retirement strategy?
- FBT 2016 - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- How New Laws May Impact Your Use of an Earnout Right when Buying or Selling a Business.
- Transfer of Business Assets & Private Company Shares
- Financial Future Checklist
- 6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud
- Can better inventory management improve business performance for Manufacturers?
- 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners Open page Preview for 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners
- 5 Reasons for Cash Flow Problems in Small Businesses
- Key man insurance, who do you need to insure?
- Buying A Business? 5 Red Flags to Watch Out For
- Should You Take Your Small Business National?
- Upfront costs when buying a home and how you could save
- Insourcing vs outsourcing vs co-sourcing
- Saving Tax Through Successful Loan Structuring
- Buy/sell agreements - do you need one?
- Changes to overseas working holiday tax
- Employment and the 457 visa
- Exciting new service offering at YML!
- Right Corporate Structuring
- Stamp Duty
- Annual Wage Review
- Interest Only Loans
- GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA MAKER PROGRAM
- Federal Budget 2014-15 Update
- YML Insight February 2015
- YML Insight March 2015
- YML Insight April 2015
- 2015 Federal Budget Report
- YML Insight June 2015
- YML Insight July 2015
- YML Insight August 2015
- POWER BI - BUSINESS DATA TOOL
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- Tax Time Checklist for Individuals
- Federal Budget May 2016 - Superannuation and Social Security
- SuperStream Deadline for Small Employers
- Land Tax Surcharge and You
- Tax Liabilities to be reported to Credit Agencies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Valuation
- Prepaying Interest
- Superannuation Contributions at EOFY
- Financial Year End Planning
- How Business Process Outsourcing can bring value to your customers through technology
- Equity Crowd-Funding
- Mortgage Insurance
- 457 Visa
- Insurance in Super
- GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION (GSM)
- Super Guarantee – What Happens When You Get It Wrong
- Business Process Outsourcing – Take the Technology View
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- PRINCIPAL-AND-INTEREST VS INTEREST-ONLY
- UPDATE YOUR WILL
- SAFE HARBOUR FOR DIRECTORS OF STRUGGLING COMPANIES
- PENDING 457 VISA CHANGES in MARCH 2018
- REMINDERS! LAND TAX REGISTRATION and DEED OF VARIATION
- UPDATING SMSF TRUST DEEDS
- SMSF - $1.6 MILLION TRANSFER BALANCE CAP
- CONTRACTOR vs. EMPLOYEE – EMPLOYER OBLIGATIONS
- RPA for VEHICLE FLEET MANAGEMENT
- TRUST DISTRIBUTION IN 2018
- TAX PLANNING
- THE IMPORTANCE OF WITHDRAWING YOUR MINIMUM PENSION
- AUDIT INSURANCE – ATO Increasing Audit Activity in the Areas of Income Tax and Supe
- What does the NEW 482 Visa mean for your business?
- GST on Property Transactions has changed from 1 July
- YML MIGRATION – WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- INVESTMENT LOANS – IS IT WORTH TAKING OUT PRINCIPAL + INTEREST at 3.89% RATE*?
- GLOBAL TALENT SCHEME – Get the expertise your company needs…
- It’s started – Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- CAR LOAN – HERE’S AN OFFER
- Over 65? Downsize your home to contribute to your super!
- NEW Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) Levy
- Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Self-Correct your past Super Guarantee Liability
- Non-Residents and SMSFs – Tax Alert!
- Proposed Partner Visa Changes – NEW Two-Step Process
- Should I ‘fix’ my home loan?
- Working with Remote Staff – Business Process Outsourcing
- ATO Payment Arrangements – Avoid Overseas Travel Ban
- Taxable Payments – New Compliance for Couriers and Cleaners
- Government announces Changes to the Working Holiday Maker Programme
- NEWS! CGT Main Residence Exemption to End for Foreign Residents
- Other Topics
- WORK RELATED CAR EXPENSES - WHAT'S LEGAL?
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS?
- Business Protection Insurance
- Aiming to Make a Final Non Concessional Superannuation Contribution for 2016? Be Careful!
- Getting Organized and Planning Effectively This EOFY
- New Withholding for Non Residents
- Four Per Cent Stamp Duty Surcharge for Overseas Investors Buying Residential Real Estate in NSW
- Co-Sourcing: An Alternative To Out-Sourcing
- What Small Business Expenses Can You Claim?
- Israeli Tax of Trusts
- New Superannuation Rules
- YML Group App - Coming Soon
- Obtaining a Business Skills Visa
- Quick Tips to Pay Off Your Mortgage Sooner
- FBT on Christmas Gifts and Tax Deductibility of Christmas Parties
- Changes to the Assets Test for Centrelink Aged Pensions from January 1st 2017
- Why You Should Consider Co-Sourcing for your Business
- Is It Worth Fixing Your Loan?
- Co- Sourcing
- Shareholder's Agreements
- FAMILY TRUST DEED VARIATION
- ENCOURAGING NEWS FOR Permanent residency (pr) APPLICANTS
- TSS has replaced 457 Visa Program – What is TSS?
- Introducing YML Migration
Tax Liabilities to be reported to Credit Agencies
The 2017-2018 budget will be released very soon, and End of Financial Year is rapidly approaching. We’d like to remind you about one important change coming into place on 1 July this year: from 1 July 2017 the Australian Taxation Office (ATO), will disclose tax debt information on businesses to credit reporting bureaus.
What does this mean?
The ATO will disclose to credit reporting bureaus the tax debt information of businesses who have not effectively engaged with the ATO to manage these debts ( i.e. entered into payment arrangements) and initially will only apply to businesses with Australian Business Numbers (ABN) and tax debt of more than $10,000 that is at least 90 days overdue.
I don’t have any debt. Why should I care?
Alongside these changes, it was announced that the ATO is currently owed up to 19 billion in overdue tax, of which 13 billion is owed by small businesses with a turnover of up to 2 million dollars.
“This means that the outstanding tax liabilities of many small businesses will be in the public domain and for the first time banks and suppliers will know the tax position of the small business. It is assumed that the information disclosed to credit agencies will be deemed to be a default and accordingly will stay on the
database for 5 years.“
This has the potential to affect small business owner’s abilities to secure additional finance, and even enter into contract arrangements with suppliers.
I fall into this category, what do I do?
It’s quite important that any small business owners with tax debt take the time to address these tax debts with the ATO prior to 1 July 2017. You will need to either pay off any existing debt, or enter into a payment arrangement with the ATO.
Has YML Group been involved with any of these matters yet?
YML has successfully entered into payment arrangements with the ATO on behalf of clients to help reduce their debts and interest charges on these. YML also has assisted clients with their personal and business budgets and cashflows to allow the client to successfully clear these debts within a reasonable time frame and help improve their cashflow management and improve the profitability. To discuss further, contact your YML business advisor today.
How can YML help?
Talk to our tax professionals today to see how YML Group can assist you with your tax needs. Contact us on (02) 8383 4400 or by visiting the Contact Us Page.