Four Per Cent Stamp Duty Surcharge for Overseas Investors Buying Residential Real Estate in NSW

Last month it was announced by Treasurer Gladys Berejiklian that overseas investors buying residential property in NSW will be faced with a 4% stamp duty surcharge, as well as a 0.75% annual land tax in 2017, in a supposed attempt to tackle housing affordability in Sydney.


New Withholding for Non Residents

A new capital gains tax (CGT) withholding regime will apply from 1 July 2016.


Getting Organized and Planning Effectively This EOFY

The EOFY is fast approaching and now is the time to start getting your business affairs in order to ensure you are in the best possible position by the June 30th cut off. Keeping accurate records of your expenses throughout the year can make this period easier for you, as well as making sure you know what is and isn’t eligible for deductions. On top of this, it’s important to pay attention to other areas that should be considered such as superannuation, assets, and moving to the Cloud. (more…)

Aiming to Make a Final Non Concessional Superannuation Contribution for 2016? Be Careful!

Given the election campaign and build-up of rhetoric from political leaders, it can be tempting to ignore the proposed changes to superannuation announced in the 2016 Budget speech and simply carry on as ‘business as usual’ when it comes to making super contribution. After all, unless the Coalition is re-elected and the proposed legislation is passed, these changes may not happen. (more…)

Business Protection Insurance

How would the loss of a key person impact your business, income and assets? One of the most important ways to protect your business in the event of a loss is to ensure you have sufficient business protection insurance in place. Business Expense Insurance and Key Person Insurance both help to secure your business should these circumstances occur.



The key to efficiently and effectively paying off your debts is to have a structured and organised plan. Although there are many ways to go about it, we’ll be focusing on two of the most popular methods for becoming debt-free.



It can be tricky to know exactly what is and isn’t legal when it comes to claiming deductions for work related car expenses. Thankfully, the ATO helps provide some guidelines as to what you can and cannot claim back on their website. Car expenses include deductions you claim for using your own car, which can also include a car that you lease or hire, whereas using someone else’s car is classified as a travel expense, as you are eligible only to claim back direct expenses such as fuel. Furthermore, you are only able to claim the work related portion if the travel was partly private.



What will the changes to Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visas be?




What is RPA and how does it work? RPA is the use of software robots to process high volume, repeatable tasks that previously required humans to perform.



Picture 2

If you think your family trust isn’t foreign, have a think about its members. Is your child residing overseas? Is a relative beneficiary you’ve never met living in another country? It will pay to check the nature of your family trust composition before 1 January 2018.