YML Business Services
As a client, YML Business Services is your business partner. Through our financial and accounting services we can assist on every step of operating and developing a business. Whether it’s through strategic advice, planning and forecasting, decision support, operational assistance, or making sense of historical results, YML will help you boost your business to the next level. We offer:
- Financial Performance
- Performance Management and Strategic Planning
- Other projects, such as Decision Support and Risk Management
YML Business Services provides you the best financial information possible to make timely and informed business decisions. Through CFO consulting, we assist you to drive overall performance with result planning and evaluation. We work with you to define your planned position by setting financial goals and other key performance targets to minimise surprises. Together with the review process, this planning will ensure clarity and visibility around your business’ financial position and events that may affect your financial requirements. We provide you with the tools to review and evaluate results, analyse future performance, and make informed decisions in an efficient manner. We also assist you to evaluate your results, including:
- Developing and implementing growth strategies;
- Designing and implementing performance based reporting;
- Determining, monitoring and managing performance of non-financial business drivers;
- Mentoring key stakeholders;
- Assisting with corporate governance by participating in monthly management meetings; and
- Identifying gaps in skills and requirements where we or other specialist providers can offer assistance.
Performance Management and Strategic Planning
Our performance management systems are tailored to your needs by focusing on the financial and non-financial activities within your business. We identify key business drivers and roadblocks, aligning your business strategy with both short and long term activities. We develop structured activity processes, providing you with control, and direction to achieve your strategy. Our monitoring processes ensure that results are achieved and plans are realigned as needed. Your business strategy could include Organic Growth, Acquisitive Growth, Refinancing/ Investors, Exit Strategies or a straightforward strategy to save the business. Your Structure is critical to business operations, and outlines roles and responsibilities. Two core components require active management:
- The Organisation Chart – Identifying the roles needed to operate the business, this is based on roles and not individuals; one person may fill more than one role, and the person in a role may change.
- Position Descriptions for each role – Outlining the responsibilities of the position, the selection criteria, and most importantly how successful performance in the role will be measured.
The key to a successful structure is development and attainment of both individual and group Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that align with corporate goals. Process outlines how the business will perform the activities to achieve its goals. Starting with the Process Map, the interaction between core business activities is outlined and broken into individual procedures to ensure consistent performance levels. Structure and process drive business systems to deliver optimum performance. Review Processes are designed to ensure quality, arrest goal deviations, and measure and plan results. These processes combine KPI reporting with outcome reviews of key personnel. Other possible features are: daily/weekly dashboards & huddles, individual & Work-in Progress (WIP) reporting, sales funnels and monthly management reporting.
Other projects include Decision Support Services, Due Diligence Services, Business Sale Preparation, and IT conversion business requirements Our skills include: Strategic Planning, Operational Planning, Decision Support (additional outlets, mergers, etc.), Exit Strategies, Succession Planning, Business Valuations & preparation for sale, Sales Pipelines and System Selection & Implementation.