- Six Things that Can Keep a Business from Growing
- Avoiding the Wealth Creation Con Artists
- Why Business Owners Should Think Like Futurists
- 4 reasons to consider refinancing your home loan
- Does your super fund provide enough life insurance cover?
- Succession plan basics for small business
- Matters to Consider Before Setting Up an SMSF
- Should you register for GST?
- Finance options for buying a car
- 7 Useful Web-Based Software Programs for SMEs
- ATO ANNUAL REPORT
- How The Cloud and Automation Make Business Management Easier
- Buying Property? Why You Should Care About Interest Rates
- Buying property through SMSF – what are the rules?
- Big data for small business
- HIFX - INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT EXPERTLY DONE
- Budget Alert – Should you put in place a Transition to Retirement strategy?
- FBT 2016 - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- How New Laws May Impact Your Use of an Earnout Right when Buying or Selling a Business.
- Transfer of Business Assets & Private Company Shares
- Financial Future Checklist
- 6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud
- Can better inventory management improve business performance for Manufacturers?
- 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners Open page Preview for 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners
- 5 Reasons for Cash Flow Problems in Small Businesses
- Key man insurance, who do you need to insure?
- Buying A Business? 5 Red Flags to Watch Out For
- Should You Take Your Small Business National?
- Upfront costs when buying a home and how you could save
- Insourcing vs outsourcing vs co-sourcing
- Saving Tax Through Successful Loan Structuring
- Buy/sell agreements - do you need one?
- Changes to overseas working holiday tax
- Employment and the 457 visa
- Exciting new service offering at YML!
- Right Corporate Structuring
- Stamp Duty
- Annual Wage Review
- Interest Only Loans
- Federal Budget 2014-15 Update
- YML Insight February 2015
- YML Insight March 2015
- YML Insight April 2015
- 2015 Federal Budget Report
- YML Insight June 2015
- YML Insight July 2015
- YML Insight August 2015
- POWER BI - BUSINESS DATA TOOL
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- Tax Time Checklist for Individuals
- Federal Budget May 2016 - Superannuation and Social Security
- SuperStream Deadline for Small Employers
- Land Tax Surcharge and You
- Tax Liabilities to be reported to Credit Agencies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Valuation
- Prepaying Interest
- Superannuation Contributions at EOFY
- Financial Year End Planning
- How Business Process Outsourcing can bring value to your customers through technology
- Equity Crowd-Funding
- Mortgage Insurance
- 457 Visa
- Insurance in Super
- GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION (GSM)
- Super Guarantee – What Happens When You Get It Wrong
- Business Process Outsourcing – Take the Technology View
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- PRINCIPAL-AND-INTEREST VS INTEREST-ONLY
- UPDATE YOUR WILL
- SAFE HARBOUR FOR DIRECTORS OF STRUGGLING COMPANIES
- PENDING 457 VISA CHANGES in MARCH 2018
- REMINDERS! LAND TAX REGISTRATION and DEED OF VARIATION
- UPDATING SMSF TRUST DEEDS
- SMSF - $1.6 MILLION TRANSFER BALANCE CAP
- CONTRACTOR vs. EMPLOYEE – EMPLOYER OBLIGATIONS
- RPA for VEHICLE FLEET MANAGEMENT
- TRUST DISTRIBUTION IN 2018
- TAX PLANNING
- THE IMPORTANCE OF WITHDRAWING YOUR MINIMUM PENSION
- AUDIT INSURANCE – ATO Increasing Audit Activity in the Areas of Income Tax and Supe
- What does the NEW 482 Visa mean for your business?
- GST on Property Transactions has changed from 1 July
- YML MIGRATION – WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- INVESTMENT LOANS – IS IT WORTH TAKING OUT PRINCIPAL + INTEREST at 3.89% RATE*?
- GLOBAL TALENT SCHEME – Get the expertise your company needs…
- It’s started – Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- CAR LOAN – HERE’S AN OFFER
- Over 65? Downsize your home to contribute to your super!
- NEW Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) Levy
- Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Self-Correct your past Super Guarantee Liability
- Non-Residents and SMSFs – Tax Alert!
- Proposed Partner Visa Changes – NEW Two-Step Process
- Other Topics
- WORK RELATED CAR EXPENSES - WHAT'S LEGAL?
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS?
- Business Protection Insurance
- Aiming to Make a Final Non Concessional Superannuation Contribution for 2016? Be Careful!
- Getting Organized and Planning Effectively This EOFY
- New Withholding for Non Residents
- Four Per Cent Stamp Duty Surcharge for Overseas Investors Buying Residential Real Estate in NSW
- Co-Sourcing: An Alternative To Out-Sourcing
- What Small Business Expenses Can You Claim?
- Israeli Tax of Trusts
- New Superannuation Rules
- YML Group App - Coming Soon
- Obtaining a Business Skills Visa
- Quick Tips to Pay Off Your Mortgage Sooner
- FBT on Christmas Gifts and Tax Deductibility of Christmas Parties
- Changes to the Assets Test for Centrelink Aged Pensions from January 1st 2017
- Why You Should Consider Co-Sourcing for your Business
- Is It Worth Fixing Your Loan?
- Co- Sourcing
- Shareholder's Agreements
- FAMILY TRUST DEED VARIATION
- ENCOURAGING NEWS FOR Permanent residency (pr) APPLICANTS
- TSS has replaced 457 Visa Program – What is TSS?
- Introducing YML Migration
What does the NEW 482 Visa mean for your business?
Since the abolition of the old subclass 457 visa, employers with a genuine need for temporary skilled overseas workers can benefit from the recent introduction of the 482 visa (TSS) programme.
Developed to meet Australia’s shortage of skilled workers in numerous occupations and various industries, the TSS visa programme is available to make the most of the international talent pool. Is your business ready? Here are the mandatory stages of application
Standard Business Sponsorship
An employer can now be approved for an SBS lasting five (5) years and this will allow an employer to nominate skilled workers during that full time period.
Standard Business Sponsors must show lawful Australian operation of their business and meet criteria pertaining to the training of Australian employees.
Labour Market Testing
The local labour market must be tested in the form of advertising the nominated position PRIOR to the nomination of a skilled worker. This advertising must meet these criteria:
- Advertising to occur within Australia
- Advertisement to be in English and containing Title, Description, SBS name and annual remuneration
- At least two (2) advertisements to be published online, in print or on radio
Nomination of an Applicant
Once approved for an SBS, an employer can nominate skilled workers as potential employees, so long as nominees have a valid occupation. A visa is available for:
- Up to two (2) years on the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL, exemptions may apply)
- Up to four (4) years on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills Shortage List (MLTSSL) which has been updated for the TSS programme
Nominated positions must be full-time, offer the same employment terms and conditions as would be offered to an Australian employee in the same position, offer an appropriate market salary and be genuinely needed within the business.
Applicant’s Visa Application
Upon approval of the nominated position, an Applicant can lodge their visa application for the approved nominated position. This stage requires the Applicant to show that they have the skills, experience and qualifications for the work they will be expected to perform.
As there have been important changes made since the old 457 visa programme, employers wanting to explore the new TSS programme and commence an SBS application are encouraged to seek advice from a certified migration agent.
How can YML help?
Talk to our YML Migration Team today to see how YML Migration can assist your company with its skilled migration needs. Contact us on (02) 8383 4400 or by visiting the Contact Us page on our website.