- Six Things that Can Keep a Business from Growing
- Avoiding the Wealth Creation Con Artists
- Why Business Owners Should Think Like Futurists
- 4 reasons to consider refinancing your home loan
- Does your super fund provide enough life insurance cover?
- Succession plan basics for small business
- Matters to Consider Before Setting Up an SMSF
- Should you register for GST?
- Finance options for buying a car
- 7 Useful Web-Based Software Programs for SMEs
- ATO ANNUAL REPORT
- How The Cloud and Automation Make Business Management Easier
- Buying Property? Why You Should Care About Interest Rates
- Buying property through SMSF – what are the rules?
- Big data for small business
- HIFX - INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT EXPERTLY DONE
- Budget Alert – Should you put in place a Transition to Retirement strategy?
- FBT 2016 - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- How New Laws May Impact Your Use of an Earnout Right when Buying or Selling a Business.
- Transfer of Business Assets & Private Company Shares
- Financial Future Checklist
- 6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud
- Can better inventory management improve business performance for Manufacturers?
- 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners Open page Preview for 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners
- 5 Reasons for Cash Flow Problems in Small Businesses
- Key man insurance, who do you need to insure?
- Buying A Business? 5 Red Flags to Watch Out For
- Should You Take Your Small Business National?
- Upfront costs when buying a home and how you could save
- Insourcing vs outsourcing vs co-sourcing
- Saving Tax Through Successful Loan Structuring
- Buy/sell agreements - do you need one?
- Changes to overseas working holiday tax
- Employment and the 457 visa
- Exciting new service offering at YML!
- Right Corporate Structuring
- Stamp Duty
- Annual Wage Review
- Interest Only Loans
- GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA MAKER PROGRAM
- Federal Budget 2014-15 Update
- YML Insight February 2015
- YML Insight March 2015
- YML Insight April 2015
- 2015 Federal Budget Report
- YML Insight June 2015
- YML Insight July 2015
- YML Insight August 2015
- POWER BI - BUSINESS DATA TOOL
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- Tax Time Checklist for Individuals
- Federal Budget May 2016 - Superannuation and Social Security
- SuperStream Deadline for Small Employers
- Land Tax Surcharge and You
- Tax Liabilities to be reported to Credit Agencies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Valuation
- Prepaying Interest
- Superannuation Contributions at EOFY
- Financial Year End Planning
- How Business Process Outsourcing can bring value to your customers through technology
- Equity Crowd-Funding
- Mortgage Insurance
- 457 Visa
- Insurance in Super
- GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION (GSM)
- Super Guarantee – What Happens When You Get It Wrong
- Business Process Outsourcing – Take the Technology View
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- PRINCIPAL-AND-INTEREST VS INTEREST-ONLY
- UPDATE YOUR WILL
- SAFE HARBOUR FOR DIRECTORS OF STRUGGLING COMPANIES
- PENDING 457 VISA CHANGES in MARCH 2018
- REMINDERS! LAND TAX REGISTRATION and DEED OF VARIATION
- UPDATING SMSF TRUST DEEDS
- SMSF - $1.6 MILLION TRANSFER BALANCE CAP
- CONTRACTOR vs. EMPLOYEE – EMPLOYER OBLIGATIONS
- RPA for VEHICLE FLEET MANAGEMENT
- TRUST DISTRIBUTION IN 2018
- TAX PLANNING
- THE IMPORTANCE OF WITHDRAWING YOUR MINIMUM PENSION
- AUDIT INSURANCE – ATO Increasing Audit Activity in the Areas of Income Tax and Supe
- What does the NEW 482 Visa mean for your business?
- GST on Property Transactions has changed from 1 July
- YML MIGRATION – WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- INVESTMENT LOANS – IS IT WORTH TAKING OUT PRINCIPAL + INTEREST at 3.89% RATE*?
- GLOBAL TALENT SCHEME – Get the expertise your company needs…
- It’s started – Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- CAR LOAN – HERE’S AN OFFER
- Over 65? Downsize your home to contribute to your super!
- NEW Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) Levy
- Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Self-Correct your past Super Guarantee Liability
- Non-Residents and SMSFs – Tax Alert!
- Proposed Partner Visa Changes – NEW Two-Step Process
- Should I ‘fix’ my home loan?
- Working with Remote Staff – Business Process Outsourcing
- ATO Payment Arrangements – Avoid Overseas Travel Ban
- Taxable Payments – New Compliance for Couriers and Cleaners
- Government announces Changes to the Working Holiday Maker Programme
- NEWS! CGT Main Residence Exemption to End for Foreign Residents
- BUY / SELL Insurance – What is it and how can it help your business?
- Working from home: What deductions can you claim?
- Applying For A Mortgage Is No ‘Walk in the Park’
- Other Topics
- WORK RELATED CAR EXPENSES - WHAT'S LEGAL?
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS?
- Business Protection Insurance
- Aiming to Make a Final Non Concessional Superannuation Contribution for 2016? Be Careful!
- Getting Organized and Planning Effectively This EOFY
- New Withholding for Non Residents
- Four Per Cent Stamp Duty Surcharge for Overseas Investors Buying Residential Real Estate in NSW
- Co-Sourcing: An Alternative To Out-Sourcing
- What Small Business Expenses Can You Claim?
- Israeli Tax of Trusts
- New Superannuation Rules
- YML Group App - Coming Soon
- Obtaining a Business Skills Visa
- Quick Tips to Pay Off Your Mortgage Sooner
- FBT on Christmas Gifts and Tax Deductibility of Christmas Parties
- Changes to the Assets Test for Centrelink Aged Pensions from January 1st 2017
- Why You Should Consider Co-Sourcing for your Business
- Is It Worth Fixing Your Loan?
- Co- Sourcing
- Shareholder's Agreements
- FAMILY TRUST DEED VARIATION
- ENCOURAGING NEWS FOR Permanent residency (pr) APPLICANTS
- TSS has replaced 457 Visa Program – What is TSS?
- Introducing YML Migration
Taxable Payments – New Compliance for Couriers and Cleaners
The Australian Government has reviewed areas of the ‘Black Economy’ – the market of people working outside of the tax regulation system – and found that payments made to certain workers, namely contractual couriers and cleaners, must now be included in a company’s Taxable Payments Annual Report (TPAR).
So if you’re running an Australian company with an ABN whose core or auxiliary service offering includes couriers and/or cleaning, then you will need to fulfil your tax payment reporting obligation to the ATO for these payments.
Contractors can be sole traders (individuals), companies or other entities invoicing your company for their services. You only need to report payments you make to contractors for courier and/or cleaning services.
Reporting Contractor Payments
Here are two examples:
If you’re a holiday property management company and you offer your client guests a departure/arrival cleaning service for which you use contract cleaners, then you will need to report those payments you make to the contract cleaners.
If you’re a branded merchandise company that needs to deliver items or samples to clients and you use contract couriers to do so, then the payments made to any contract couriers will be required to be included in your TPAR.
Transporting people/passengers and long haul freight transportation are not deemed to be ‘couriering’.
Lodging your TPAR 2018-2019
A company using contract courier and/or cleaning services will be required to collect the relevant information from 1 July 2018 and to report it in their 2018-2019 TPAR by 28 August 2019. You need to know that if an invoice from a contractor includes labour and materials, the total amount of the invoice must be reported as the payment. However, an invoice from a contractor for ‘materials only’ will not be included in the report.
The reportable information from an invoice you receive includes but is not limited to:
- ✔ ABN
- ✔ Name of Contractor
- ✔ Contractor’s Address
- ✔ Gross Amount Paid to Contractor (within FY 2018-2019)
- ✔ Total GST included in Gross Amount Paid to Contractor
You do not need to report:
- ▪ Payments for ‘materials only’
- ▪ Invoices unpaid as at FYE 30 June
- ▪ PAYG withholding amounts
Throughout this current financial year, you will need to be garnering data from your courier/cleaner contractor invoices. YML Group can guide you in the process and assist you with your TPAR lodgement.
How can YML help?
Talk to our YML Chartered Accountants Team today to see how YML Group can assist you with your TPAR. Contact us on (02) 8383 4400 or by visiting the . Contact us on (02) 8383 4400 or by visiting the Contact Us page page on our website.