- Six Things that Can Keep a Business from Growing
- Avoiding the Wealth Creation Con Artists
- Why Business Owners Should Think Like Futurists
- 4 reasons to consider refinancing your home loan
- Does your super fund provide enough life insurance cover?
- Succession plan basics for small business
- Matters to Consider Before Setting Up an SMSF
- Should you register for GST?
- Finance options for buying a car
- 7 Useful Web-Based Software Programs for SMEs
- ATO ANNUAL REPORT
- How The Cloud and Automation Make Business Management Easier
- Buying Property? Why You Should Care About Interest Rates
- Buying property through SMSF – what are the rules?
- Big data for small business
- HIFX - INTERNATIONAL PAYMENT EXPERTLY DONE
- Budget Alert – Should you put in place a Transition to Retirement strategy?
- FBT 2016 - WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW
- How New Laws May Impact Your Use of an Earnout Right when Buying or Selling a Business.
- Transfer of Business Assets & Private Company Shares
- Financial Future Checklist
- 6 Things that Work Better in The Cloud
- Can better inventory management improve business performance for Manufacturers?
- 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners Open page Preview for 5 Top Causes Of Stress for Small Business Owners
- 5 Reasons for Cash Flow Problems in Small Businesses
- Key man insurance, who do you need to insure?
- Buying A Business? 5 Red Flags to Watch Out For
- Should You Take Your Small Business National?
- Upfront costs when buying a home and how you could save
- Insourcing vs outsourcing vs co-sourcing
- Saving Tax Through Successful Loan Structuring
- Buy/sell agreements - do you need one?
- Changes to overseas working holiday tax
- Employment and the 457 visa
- Exciting new service offering at YML!
- Right Corporate Structuring
- Stamp Duty
- Annual Wage Review
- Interest Only Loans
- GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO THE WORKING HOLIDAY VISA MAKER PROGRAM
- Federal Budget 2014-15 Update
- YML Insight February 2015
- YML Insight March 2015
- YML Insight April 2015
- 2015 Federal Budget Report
- YML Insight June 2015
- YML Insight July 2015
- YML Insight August 2015
- POWER BI - BUSINESS DATA TOOL
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- Tax Time Checklist for Individuals
- Federal Budget May 2016 - Superannuation and Social Security
- SuperStream Deadline for Small Employers
- Land Tax Surcharge and You
- Tax Liabilities to be reported to Credit Agencies
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Valuation
- Prepaying Interest
- Superannuation Contributions at EOFY
- Financial Year End Planning
- How Business Process Outsourcing can bring value to your customers through technology
- Equity Crowd-Funding
- Mortgage Insurance
- 457 Visa
- Insurance in Super
- GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION (GSM)
- Super Guarantee – What Happens When You Get It Wrong
- Business Process Outsourcing – Take the Technology View
- The Importance of Estate Planning
- PRINCIPAL-AND-INTEREST VS INTEREST-ONLY
- UPDATE YOUR WILL
- SAFE HARBOUR FOR DIRECTORS OF STRUGGLING COMPANIES
- PENDING 457 VISA CHANGES in MARCH 2018
- REMINDERS! LAND TAX REGISTRATION and DEED OF VARIATION
- UPDATING SMSF TRUST DEEDS
- SMSF - $1.6 MILLION TRANSFER BALANCE CAP
- CONTRACTOR vs. EMPLOYEE – EMPLOYER OBLIGATIONS
- RPA for VEHICLE FLEET MANAGEMENT
- TRUST DISTRIBUTION IN 2018
- TAX PLANNING
- THE IMPORTANCE OF WITHDRAWING YOUR MINIMUM PENSION
- AUDIT INSURANCE – ATO Increasing Audit Activity in the Areas of Income Tax and Supe
- What does the NEW 482 Visa mean for your business?
- GST on Property Transactions has changed from 1 July
- YML MIGRATION – WHAT CAN WE DO FOR YOU?
- INVESTMENT LOANS – IS IT WORTH TAKING OUT PRINCIPAL + INTEREST at 3.89% RATE*?
- GLOBAL TALENT SCHEME – Get the expertise your company needs…
- It’s started – Single Touch Payroll (STP)
- CAR LOAN – HERE’S AN OFFER
- Over 65? Downsize your home to contribute to your super!
- NEW Skilling Australians Fund (SAF) Levy
- Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Self-Correct your past Super Guarantee Liability
- Non-Residents and SMSFs – Tax Alert!
- Proposed Partner Visa Changes – NEW Two-Step Process
- Should I ‘fix’ my home loan?
- Working with Remote Staff – Business Process Outsourcing
- ATO Payment Arrangements – Avoid Overseas Travel Ban
- Taxable Payments – New Compliance for Couriers and Cleaners
- Government announces Changes to the Working Holiday Maker Programme
- NEWS! CGT Main Residence Exemption to End for Foreign Residents
- BUY / SELL Insurance – What is it and how can it help your business?
- Working from home: What deductions can you claim?
- Applying For A Mortgage Is No ‘Walk in the Park’
- Small Business Instant Asset Write-Off : NOW up to $25,000
- Employees : Time and Attendance Platforms
- Stepping Stone to 482 Visa – The Subclass 407 Training Visa
- FBT 2019 – What’s new?
- Single Touch Payroll – NOW Mandatory for ALL Businesses
- Welcome your parents to join you in Australia with the NEW five year Sponsored Parent (Temporary) Visa
- Other Topics
- WORK RELATED CAR EXPENSES - WHAT'S LEGAL?
- WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO PAY OFF YOUR DEBTS?
- Business Protection Insurance
- Aiming to Make a Final Non Concessional Superannuation Contribution for 2016? Be Careful!
- Getting Organized and Planning Effectively This EOFY
- New Withholding for Non Residents
- Four Per Cent Stamp Duty Surcharge for Overseas Investors Buying Residential Real Estate in NSW
- Co-Sourcing: An Alternative To Out-Sourcing
- What Small Business Expenses Can You Claim?
- Israeli Tax of Trusts
- New Superannuation Rules
- YML Group App - Coming Soon
- Obtaining a Business Skills Visa
- Quick Tips to Pay Off Your Mortgage Sooner
- FBT on Christmas Gifts and Tax Deductibility of Christmas Parties
- Changes to the Assets Test for Centrelink Aged Pensions from January 1st 2017
- Why You Should Consider Co-Sourcing for your Business
- Is It Worth Fixing Your Loan?
- Co- Sourcing
- Shareholder's Agreements
- FAMILY TRUST DEED VARIATION
- ENCOURAGING NEWS FOR Permanent residency (pr) APPLICANTS
- TSS has replaced 457 Visa Program – What is TSS?
- Introducing YML Migration
Superannuation Guarantee Amnesty – Self-Correct your past Super Guarantee Liability
Superannuation entitlements payable by employers continue to be short-paid or unpaid and the Australian Governments wants to rectify this with a one-off Superannuation Guarantee (SG) Amnesty. The 12-month amnesty is currently legislated and available to you. It will run until 23 May 2019.
From now until 23 May 2019, you can take advantage of the amnesty by calculating the amount of SG payable (shortfall plus nominal interest) and preparing and lodging a SG Amnesty payment form.
Undeclared SG shortfalls between 1 July 1992 and 31 March 2018 are allowed under the amnesty. Beware that from 1 April 2018, deference to the law of timely SG payments is advisable, as any shortfalls from this date will not be considered under the amnesty.
You may choose to pay the SG shortfall directly in to the employees’ super fund/s or to pay the SG shortfall via the ATO.
Are you eligible under the amnesty?
Yes, if you voluntarily disclose a previously undisclosed SG shortfall within the amnesty period, exempting any SG shortfall disclosed prior to the 12-month amnesty start date.
You remain eligible so long as you commit to a payment plan and comply with the payment plan. The ATO will notify you to help you avoid a default or failure-to-comply.
No, if you are subject to a current SG audit by the ATO. Consult your financial advisor if you aren’t sure about your eligibility.
Why use the amnesty?
For some very attractive benefits to your company and your staff:
Resume SG-Compliancy… You will ensure your company resumes its SG-compliant status. Avoid Administration Fees*… You will avoid the *$20 administration fee on all SG shortfalls for new employees during the amnesty period.
Tax-Deductibility… All catch-up payments made during the amnesty period are tax-deductible.
Up-to-date Employee Super… Your employees’ fund/s will be up-to-date and your employees can more readily assess their contribution caps.
So, breathe a sigh of relief that you can rectify your SG shortfall (and avoid penalties). You can get back on track with your employee super payments, making for a far healthier financial future for both your company and your staff.
At YML Group we can guide you through the steps. Let us identify your unpaid SG, assess your eligibility and then prepare and lodge your SG Amnesty payment form.
How can YML help?
Talk to our YML Chartered Accountants Team today to see how YML Group can assist you with the SG Amnesty. Contact us on (02) 8383 4400, or by visiting the Contact Us page on our website.